Monday, May 20, 2013

Kale love!

Kale is one of those foods that I just can't get enough of. This super nutritious food is packed full of protein, calcium and vitamin k. In an effort to diversify the way I consume this beautiful green, I decided to play with a raw salad. Our friends are bringing over some delicious veggie pizza so we needed a good balance. Kale is a staple in our house as well as avocado, so it seemed only natural to smash them together. The result was lovely as always! 


Guacamole salad
1 bunch kale 
Juice from 1 lime
1 ripe avocado
A handful of cilantro 
2 Roma tomatoes 
2 cloves of garlic

Remove the stems from the kale and chip into bite sized pieces. Add avocado and lime juice and smash it all together until we'll combined. Don't worry about getting dirty! The avocado is great for your skin. Chop the remaining ingredients and toss into the salad. Enjoy!!!



I am currently working on my  skills. Hopefully soon my photos won't look quite so be patient with my amateur pictures!  

Stay timed for kale chips! I made a batch for my detox class last week. They were so tasty I almost devoured the entire batch before class started. I happen to be munching on some right now also 😜. 

1 comment:

  1. This + brown rice + ezekial wrap = DELISH!

    :) Nicki

    ReplyDelete