Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Veggies for Dessert

So the last several days have been incredibly busy. We finally made it back home after a three week trip to see family and maybe avoid some crumby "spring" weather. The weekend was full of friends visiting and fun outdoors. I just didn't feel much like cooking and we ended up not eating the healthiest. But of course I still wanted dessert! Veggies for dessert would certainly make up for the lack of them during the day. So here is what I came up with. I blended about 1/2 cup coconut milk with 3 medjool dates. I added a huge handful of spinach, and than a little more. Once that was smooth, I added in a bag of frozen mangos. I love that Trader Joes carries organic now!

All blended together, this was a nice, creamy, green treat. I felt great giving two full bowls to D. No refined sweeteners, lots of greens and delicious makes for a great toddler treat! I didn't even feel guilty eating the left overs for breakfast.





No comments:

Post a Comment